Delta 9 Vendor Review: 3 Reasons Altus Labs CBD Trumps Delta 9
Note: Unfamiliar with CBD? Click here for a quick overview. Not sure which CBD vendor to buy from? For more vendor reviews, click here! To learn more about nootropics, click here.
CBD Capsule Showdown: Altus Labs vs. Delta 9
Prior to this post, I published a glowing review of Altus Labs CBD tablets. In that review, I made sure to strongly caveat that not all CBD products and vendors are created equal. There is much variance to be explored.
Hence, the reason for this vendor/product showdown.
But first, a quick overview of my experience with Delta 9 CBD
In late August of this year (2017), I had to make a <24 hour pitstop in San Francisco on my way to Burning Man. While there, I acquired some Delta 9 CBD.
- What I purchased: 1 bottle of Delta 9 CBD capsules.
- Product Description: Each capsule contains 30mg CBD and 5mg THC.
- Cost: $30 per bottle.
- Experience, in a nutshell: One capsule, which I assumed to be one dose, proved to be way too strong. I felt effects ~1 hour after ingestion, but they weren’t very pleasant. I definitely felt the psychoactive effects of the 5mg THC, which gave me slight and unwanted anxiety. Furthermore, the high CBD content in each pill made me next-level fatigued. I struggled to stay alert while running countless pre-Burning Man errands.
- Taste: Not the greatest. Because one capsule affected me so powerfully, I had to break open the capsules and partially consume the filling. Green and grainy, the filling smelled like Cannabis. The taste was bearable, but not my cup of tea.
Delta 9 CBD: Positive and Negative Effects
Delta 9 CBD produced more negative side effects for me compared to Altus Labs.
- Sleep onset latency improved. Was able to fall asleep a lot faster than usual.
- Nootropic effects, when attempting to take ~1/4 of a capsule with caffeine.
- Deeper sleep. I tend to have frequent awakenings during the night and noticed a significant decrease.
- Slight stoned feeling. Some may see this as a positive effect. But THC makes me somewhat anxious and paranoid, which contradicted my goal of using CBD to quell anxiety.
- Severe oversleeping & morning grogginess. Although Delta 9 CBD helped me fall asleep faster, I consistently struggled to wake up in the morning and when I finally did, I was in a groggy, semi-functional state that would take hours to subside.
- Odd visuals: This one is hard to describe. I kept seeing these semi-permanent green and pink streaks in my field of vision. It wasn’t alarming, more so distracting. I attribute this effect to the THC content. 5mg may not seem like a lot, but it is definitely psychoactive, especially since I’m sensitive.
- Dizziness: I often get light-headed if I consume too much THC, but I was surprised to find that even 5mg could produce this side effect. This is actually a rather common phenomenon. It’s speculated that “THC causes a drop in blood pressure,” which causes the dizzy sensation felt by many users across the board (source).
Altus Labs CBD Outshines Delta 9. Here’s 3 Reasons Why.
Obligatory caveat: These are based on my opinions and experiences only. Everyone differs in their preferences and what they’re trying to achieve with these medicines, so I completely understand that some readers may disagree with my evaluation.
Additional caveat: One could argue that since Delta 9 capsules contain small but significant amounts of THC while Altus Labs pills do not, I am comparing apples to oranges. My counterargument is this: both vendors market their products as CBD capsules, so it is fair for me to compare their products against one another as they are obviously competing to capture as much of the CBD buyer market as possible.
1) Altus Labs CBD pills are easier to break into desired doses
This all comes down to design. Altus Labs CBD comes in tablet form, while Delta 9 comes in capsule form. It’s much easier for me to bite off half an Altus Labs tablet (10mg) and be fairly confident I’ve consumed roughly 5mg.
With Delta 9 capsules, it’s extremely difficult to know exactly how much CBD and THC I’m consuming when I break open the capsule and eyeball the amount of grainy filling to swallow. I’m also unsure whether the CBD and THC is evenly dispersed, so it’s possible when I eyeball 1/4 of the capsule to take, that I’m ingesting a disproportionate amount of THC.
2) With Altus Labs, I don’t need to worry about potential stoned or paranoid feelings
Paranoia is a form of anxiety, and not something I desire to feel–especially when it is the result of my own doing. After much experimenting with Altus Labs products, I can trust that their CBD will consistently provide anxiety relief rather than exacerbating it. With Delta 9 products, I’m not confident that their product will not cause me to feel unease.
3) Altus Labs CBD has never caused me dizziness
This aforementioned dizziness side effect is quite unpleasant, to the point where I sometimes have to stop whatever I’m doing so I can sit down, take a breather, and re-orient myself. The feeling is akin to that pre-fainting sensation, where tunnel vision sets in and everything starts to slowly fade to black.
Altus Labs CBD has never caused me any dizziness, but Delta 9 has. Note I’ve never actually full on fainted from Delta 9 CBD, but I do worry it may happen. I’ve completely fainted in the past, not from CBD/THC, but it was thoroughly unpleasant so I try to be mindful of not letting it happen again.
Final Thoughts on Delta 9 CBD
Dollar for dollar, the Delta 9 product is a better deal, but personally it’s not worth the side effects for me. I’d rather pay the premium for Altus Labs CBD.
If you enjoy our content, please consider subscribing to our site via the form in the bottom footer of this page or the top of the left sidebar. We really appreciate your support and engagement, and value any feedback immensely. If you subscribe, you will be notified once a new review is published. No spam. We promise.
We found Altus Labs CBD to be far superior to Delta9 CBD
Fellow CBD enthusiasts, what are your thoughts? Let us know by commenting or leaving a rating below!
There are some attention-grabbing deadlines in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them heart to heart. There may be some validity however I will take maintain opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we would like more! Added to FeedBurner as effectively
this internet site is my intake, rattling superb layout and perfect written content.
Great post, you have pointed out some great points, I besides think this s a very great website.
I visited a lot of website but I believe this one has something special in it in it
The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought youd have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention.
care to elaborate?
I?m impressed, I must say. Really rarely do I encounter a blog that?s both educative and entertaining, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on the head. Your idea is outstanding; the issue is something that not enough people are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.